Spectacular Salon is a giant end-of-year, floor-to-ceiling Art Extravaganza in the Main Gallery of K Space Contemporary. It opens with ArtWalk on December 1, and runs through Dec. 21. Spectacular Salon is a wonderful opportunity to find unique gifts for the holiday season.
Artists – show off your work! Rent space on the wall in our main gallery and display everything that you can fit within that space. Our holiday show is one of our most well-attended events. It’s always a great crowd!
Spectacular Salon is a show of high quality FINE ART. To keep the quality up, artists are required to “apply” to partcipate. (See “To Apply” right). Please read “Guidelines” below before you apply.
To Apply: Accepting applications now through November 28, 2017. Send 3 images of your work or send a link to a website that has images of your artwork to email@example.com. We will reply within 3 days. Once you receive approval by email, you can make your payment via PayPal below.
- $30 Rental Rate ($20 for supporting & studio members)
- FINE ART MEDIA ONLY – Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Photography, Sculpture, Ceramics, and Mixed Media. You are renting wall or pedestal space, not a booth space – all works will be displayed on the wall or on pedestals. Artists are not allowed to set up tables.
- Wall space is appx. 100 square feet: 7-8 ft. wide by 12 ft. high or on the movable walls or 7-8ft tall by 12 feet wide.
- Install your own work: Nov. 28-30, 11 am to 7 pm. Bring your own hangers/nails, hammer, measuring tape. You may borrow our ladder(s).
- 2 artists may share one space. Both must apply.
- The main event is Friday, Dec. 1 in conjunction with ArtWalk 5:30 to 9 pm. Artists are encouraged to be present.
- LABEL each work with your name, title, media, dimensions and retail price. (A business card with title, price, etc. works too). Label must be securely attached to each work.
- List of Works: provide a list of the works in your display. The list should have your name and email address at the top and a numbered list of works including titles and retail prices for each work of art.
- If artist is available to make his/her own sales transactions during ArtWalk, no gallery commission will be charged.
- 20% commission will be deducted from works sold by K Space Contemporary: this means any sale that is made across the K Space front desk (through the K Space credit card machine or cash register) and works sold when artist is not present to make transactions. (our usual commission is 40%)
- Works will be on display through Thursday, Dec. 21.
- Pick up artwork on Friday, Dec. 22 noon to 6 pm or Saturday Dec. 23, 11 am to 5pm. It is important that you pick up your work by Dec. 23, because we are closed Dec. 24 – Jan.2 and will be installing a new exhibition as soon as we return on January 3.