Past and Present K Space Studio Artists
25th Anniversary Exhibition Information for Participants
Everything is still ON! We are going forward with the exhibition, ArtWalk opening, and an after-party in the studios. We will wear masks, practice social distancing, and limit number of visitors in the gallery. Plus, we have hand sanitizer sitting everywhere. The after-party is open only to current and former K Space artists and their significant others (no general public).
New Development: We are now working with La Palmera Mall to exhibit art in an empty store converted into a gallery. I have asked them if we can show the 25th Anniversary show there after it comes down. If they approve (and you are fine with it), we would show your work for an additional two months at the mall. I will be in touch with further details as they become available.
Participating Artists: Please be sure to complete the Google Form here by November 20th:
EXHIBITION GUIDELINES – 25TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW:
Participation is by Invitation only to former and current K Space Studio Artists – artists who have rented studio space.
1. Each artist may submit 1 piece that is 48″ or smaller, and one small work size 3 1/2″ x 5 3/8″ for the Sample Sale group piece.
2. New Work: Works must be completed within the past 2 years and not previously exhibited at K Space Contemporary or K Space Art Studios/Schaudies Gallery.
3. Media: All visual art media are acceptable.
4. Size Limit: 2D works must be no wider than 48”. Sculpture must be manageable by two people.
5. Framing: 2-D works must be properly prepared for exhibition with wire securely attached. Use only white, off-white or black mats and simple neutral frames. Unframed paintings must be gallery wrapped (sides painted with continued image, black or neutral color). We do not accept: wet paint, clamp/clip/fragile frames, colored mats, or thick, bulky, decorative frames that are not part of the work of art.
6. Pricing: K Space Contemporary retains 40% commission on works sold. Include commission when pricing your work.
7. Label your work!!! Attach a label to each work of art including: Name, Email or Phone, Title, Media, and Retail Price (include 40% commission when pricing your work).
Please Fill out the Google Form located here: https://forms.gle/ZVN6dVZafiNw9sRP6
If you hand deliver your work, you will need to sign it in on the clipboard at the front desk.
8. Delivery/Shipping: Artists are responsible for delivering their artwork to and from the gallery, including any shipping costs incurred.
9. ABANDONED WORKS: Works of art left at K Space Contemporary 60 days after the last day of the exhibition are considered ABANDONED. Abandoned works become the property of K Space Contemporary and will be sold, given away or disposed of without compensation to the artist.