The Spectacular Salon is a giant art show and sale held in conjunction with our TREE-MENDOUS TRIMMINGS Holiday Ornament Show. Both exhibitions open with ArtWalk on Friday December 6th. Spectacular Salon is a great opportunity to show off your work – especially at gift-giving time. Our holiday show has traditionally been one of our most well-attended events with over 500 guests. We expect another great crowd.
Spectacular Salon Basics: artists rent space on the wall in our main gallery and display everything that will fit within that space. The result is a floor to ceiling Art Extravaganza!
Spectacular Salon is a show of high quality FINE ART. To keep the quality up, artists are required to “apply” to participate.
Please read “Guidelines” below before you apply.
To Apply: We are accepting applications now through November 29. Send 3 images of your work or send a link to a website that has images of your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply as soon as possible.
- $35 Rental Rate ($25 for supporting & studio members)
- FINE ART MEDIA ONLY – Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Photography, Sculpture, Ceramics, and Mixed Media. You are renting wall or pedestal space, not a booth space – all works will be displayed on the wall or on pedestals. Artists are not allowed to set up tables or shelving.
- Wall space is appx. 100 square feet: 7-8 ft. wide by 12 ft. high or on our movable walls which measure 7-8 ft tall by 10-12 ft. wide.
- Install your own work: Dec 4th – 5th, 11 am to 7 pm. Bring your own hangers/nails, hammer, measuring tape. You may borrow our ladder(s).
- NOTE: We will have a soft opening for Spectacular Salon on November 30 to coincide with Peppermint Lane and Shop Small Saturday. If you’d like to install your work for this event, you may do so by appointment on Tuesday, Nov. 26 or from 12 noon to 5pm on Friday, November 29.
- 2 artists may share one space. Both must apply.
- The main event is Friday, Dec. 6 in conjunction with ArtWalk 5:30 to 9 pm. Artists are encouraged to be present.
- LABEL each work with your name, title, media, dimensions and retail price. (A business card with title, price, etc. works too). Label must be securely attached to each work.
- List of Works: provide a list of the works in your display. The list should have your name and email address at the top and a numbered list of works including titles, dimensions and retail prices for each work of art. Leave a copy of the list with K space Contemporary once you are finished hanging your work.
- If artist is available to make his/her own sales transactions during ArtWalk, no gallery commission will be charged.
- 25% commission will be deducted from works sold by K Space Contemporary: this means any sale that is made across the K Space front desk (through the K Space credit card machine or cash register) and works sold when artist is not present to make transactions. (our usual commission is 40%)
- Works will be on display through Friday, Dec. 20.
- Pick up artwork on Saturday Dec. 21, 11 am to 3pm. It is important that you pick up your work on Dec. 21 because we will be closed Dec. 22 – Jan. 2 , 2020