- July 1: Entry Deadline
- July 31: Artists Notified by email
- August 15-18, 22-25, from 11 am to 5 pm: Receiving Hand-Delivered Works
- August 21: Shipped Works Due (must arrive between August 12-21)
- Sept. 4, 5:30 – 9 pm: Exhibition Opening with CC ArtWalk
- Oct. 2: Last Day of Exhibition / ArtWalk
- Oct. 3, 7-10, 11am-5 pm: Pick Up Hand-Delivered works
- Oct. 5: Begin Returning Shipped Artwork
The Third Coast National Biennial is a juried exhibition of new works of art from all over the USA. Third Coast National was the first exhibition in K Space Contemporary’s new street level gallery. For its first ten years (2007 to 2016), Third Coast National was an annual exhibition. It is now a biennial exhibition held in the even numbered years.
The Third Coast National competition averages 180-200 entrants who submit up to 650 works. 15-20% of the artists who enter Third Coast National are accepted. K Space has recently expanded its gallery space and is now able to accept more works of art for the exhibition. The number of pieces selected for exhibition ranges from 50 to 65 works of art.
Past Third Coast National jurors include: artists Trenton Doyle Hancock, Sharon Kopriva, Tony Magar, Ray Smith, Mark “Scrapdaddy” Bradford, Andy Coolquitt and Josh MacPhee, Glasstire writer Christina Reese, Art Museum of South Texas Curator Deborah Fullerton, TAMUCC Art Department Chair Rich Gere, Del Mar College Art Department Chair Ken Rosier, Ballroom Marfa Co-founder and Executive Director Fairfax Dorn and Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art at San Antonio Museum of Art, Suzanne Weaver.
Online Prospectus and Entry Form available Feb. 1, 2020