The Third Coast National Biennial is a juried exhibition of new works of art from all over the USA. Third Coast National was the first exhibition in K Space Contemporary’s new street-level gallery. For its first ten years (2007 to 2016), Third Coast National was an annual exhibition. It is now a biennial exhibition held in the even-numbered years.
The Third Coast National competition averages 180-200 entrants who submit up to 650 works. 15-20% of the artists who enter Third Coast National Biennial are accepted. K Space has recently expanded its gallery space and is now able to accept more works of art for the exhibition. The number of pieces selected for the exhibition ranges from 50 to 65 works of art.
Past Jurors include Artists: Trenton Doyle Hancock, Sharon Kopriva, Tony Magar, Ray Smith, Mark “Scrapdaddy” Bradford, Andy Coolquitt, Josh MacPhee, Glasstire Editor in Chief – Christina Rees, Art Museum of South Texas Curator-Deborah Fullerton, TAMUCC Art Department Chair – Rich Gere, Del Mar College Art Department Chair -Ken Rosier, Ballroom Marfa Co-founder and Executive Director – Fairfax Dorn, and Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art at San Antonio Museum of Art -Suzanne Weaver.
- July 1: Entry Deadline
- July 31: Artists Notified by email
- August 12-15, 19-21, 11 am to 5 pm: Receiving Hand-Delivered works
- August 21: Shipped works due (Works must arrive between August 12 and August 21)
- Sept. 4, 5:30 – 9 pm: Exhibition Opening with CC ArtWalk
- Oct. 2: Last day of show/ ArtWalk Closing
- Oct. 3, Oct. 7-10, 11am to 5 pm: Pick Up Hand-Delivered works
- Oct. 5: Begin returning shipped works
To Submit Your Entry, Log In Below:
If you have entered a K Space Contemporary exhibition before, your Profile information is saved in the system. Simply log in with your email address and password. If you are a new applicant, create a FREE account with your email address and password.